HI AND WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HOUSE!
It’s a pleasure to welcome you here, and we hope that you have a fantastic stay with us. Here, within our house guide, you will find loads of information to make your life a whole lot easier during your stay with us. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we will be more than happy to help you out with any queries.
- What You’ll Find Here
- What We Do Here
- What You Can Do in the City
- What People Think of Here
- What We Expect from You
- How You Can Get in Touch With Us
See you soon,
The SmileKonnect Team
1. What You’ll Find Here (back)
If we had to pick two words to describe our house, we’d choose “your house”. We love the idea that you can treat here like you live here; and we’re here to help you to relax, and enjoy your stay with us, as well as helping you to fully discover the region. However, let’s begin with the house, and what you’ll find here!
We have eight great bedrooms; each one is stylish, fully furnished, and decorated in a unique and international style!
“IKAALINEN” – for two people – perfectly suitable if you’re here as a couple!
Incredibly stylish, and decorated in wood in true Scandinavian style, Ikaalinen is cosy, comfortable, and, because it’s downstairs, it’s nicely set apart from the happenings in the rest of the house.
This room is perfect if you’re looking for a nice bit of privacy with your partner. Equipped with a fridge, a microwave, and loads of space for your stuff, you can absolutely relax as if you’re at home, and fully make the most of the peace and tranquility of your room.
“VENICE” – for up to three people – great for couples and friends!
Like a little part of Italy, Venice is magnificent. With a large and exceedingly comfortable bed, Venice is stylishly decorated in white, with a selection of well chosen images adorning the walls. With large windows, you’ll have a lot of natural light, and a lot of space to unpack and chill out. A large wardrobe excellently hides a fridge, a spare table, and a fan.
“TOKYO” – for up to three people – great for couples and friends!
Konichiwa. Our Tokyo bedroom is decorated in true Japanese style, as evident from the pictures that you’ll find on the walls, and all of the other stylish accoutrements of the room. Large enough for three, Tokyo comes with a fridge and a fan, and the Japanese aesthetic will help you to stay zen.
“COPACABANA” – for up to three people – great for couples and friends!
Just like Tokyo, Copacabana is large enough for three, with one large double bed, and another smaller bed. Nicely located, near the kitchen, Copacabana is large, light, and comfortable. A huge wardrobe gives you more than enough space for all of your stuff!
“SPLIT” – for up to three people – great for couples and friends!
A stylish studio situated in the downstairs of the house, Split rocks a nice wood aesthetic, and is perfect if you’re looking for a longer stay here at the International House. Fully equipped with a private kitchen, Split gives you the opportunity to exist in your own little world during your stay. With a large bed, loads of storage space, a fridge, a microwave, and a television, Split is more than just a bedroom – it’s a cute, comfortable apartment.
“PUNTA CANA” – for up to three people – great for individuals, couples and groups of friends!
Perfect if you’re after a more private getaway, Punta Cana is situated outside of the house. Like an RV, it’s equipped with everything that you could possibly need during your stay, such as a bathroom, a kitchen, a cute area to eat and hang out in, and the possibility of having three separate beds. Super comfortable, and seriously relaxing!
“NAIROBI” – for up to four people – great for individuals, couples, groups of friends and families!
Decorated with a clear African influence, Nairobi is cute, airy, and comfortable. Nicely located in the heart of the house, Nairobi contains a large bed, a sofa, and great views into our huge garden. A fan will help keep you cool when it gets hot, and the decorations will make you want to visit the real Nairobi!
“NEW YORK” – for up to six people – great for individuals, couples, groups of friends and families!
Large enough for six people, our American-themed room is perfect for families, or large coups of friends. With two double beds, and a settee which becomes a third double bed, New York, like the real town, is huge, and you’ll have more than enough space to relax after a long day in Quebec. A large mirror and loads of wardrobe space will help you get ready easier, and the combination of a personal fridge and air-conditioning will help you stay cool.
“QUEENSTOWN” – for up to six people – great for individuals, couples, groups of friends and families!
Like New York, Queenstown is large enough for six people, and offers you two large double beds, and the option to create a third. With a large television, a decent kitchen (equipped with a fridge, a microwave, and loads of cupboard space), amazing pictures on the walls, and an en-suite bathroom, Queenstown is perfect for groups, and perfect for your holidays.
What you’ll find here
- A fully functioning communal kitchen, including an oven, a fridge-freezer, a toaster, a microwave, a dishwasher, and all possible cutlery combinations that you can imagine. We even have a coffee machine, as that’s somewhat necessary some days!
- Two shared bathrooms, one of which has a bath.
- A chilled-out outdoor terrace – perfect to relax, to hang out, to play games, and to socialize!
- A laundry room, with a free washing machine, and a dryer. If the weather’s nice, we have outdoor drying facilities as well. If you feel the need to iron, we have one of those too!
- A “productive corner”, with a communal computer, a printer, and any and all office supplies that you could need during your stay
- A BBQ corner – ideal while the sun stays out!
- A large picnic terrace, equipped with plenty of chairs, tables, and a large parasol.
- Complimentary self-service tea and coffee facilities, available to all of our short stay clients
- A communal food cupboard, open to all!
- Air conditioning.
- We now have a Skype station on our communal computer. Feel free to use it to talk to us about your upcoming stay here, pose any and all of your questions, or use it to talk to your friends and family around the world. Add us now, on “SKInternationalHouse” to get in touch and talk to us! We have everything you need to make your calls – a webcam, a headset, speakers, etc.
- A phone that you can use, with free calls to everywhere in the USA and Canada!
- A book exchange, stocked with French and English titles.
Find more info in our FAQ section.
We’ve recently opened up the InterKonnect Garage. The garage is a great place, where you can hang out and relax after a long day, meet old friends and make new ones, and we can even hire it out for your special events (see below, in the “Location/Rental” section).
However, what will you actually find here?
- A bar (with a huge fridge for your things)
- A BBQ, located on a private patio
- Games (foosball / table football, and a whole host of other board games)
- Fans and air-con (because it gets hot in Quebec!)
- Car parking
- Multimedia options which include a huge television (60 inch screen!), that you can link to your computer, or to ours, to stream shows and films. We have a DVD player, a HDMI cable, and Chromecast, for all of your technological needs
The InterKonnect Garage is ideal for:
- A party room
- A cinema
- A sports room (coming soon: weights, and yoga mats), – A nice place to eat
- A games room
The possibilities are endless!
We know perfectly well that it’s practically impossible to bring everything that you could possibly need with you when you travel, so we’ve got a great system of hiring stuff!
- Bikes are only $5 a day. It’s a great means to discover the town and the surroundings, talk less of your health as well – what’s not to like! If you’re here for longer than a few days, we have reduced prices for our long-term guests, including $25 a week, or $60 a month, with a $10 deposit.
- A GPS can be absolutely crucial when you visit a new town, so that you can be efficient whilst driving! We have Satnav systems for only $7 a day, with a deposit of $50
- Coming in winter? One of the most popular sports here in Canada is ice skating, and we absolutely recommend that you check it out! We have ice skates for only $5 a day, with a deposit of only $25.
We also have the InterKonnect Garage, that you can hire for only $50 an hour (but don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss discounts!). In our great, chilled out room, you’ll find everything that you could possibly need.
Our house has excellent wifi, that functions everywhere. The password is written clearly in your bedroom, but, just in case, it’s 949c86d4.
We have a telephone with free calls to Canada and the USA. We have free parking facilities just outside of the house, and there is a bus stop just across the street as well (see the map above!).
There’s a load of things near to the house, such as stores, restaurants and of course the city of Quebec!
2. What We Do Here (back)
What about the activities that we offer here at the International House? We have loads of facilities for loads of different activities, and you are always more than welcome to join us!
Some of the things that we offer are:
- BBQs (especially now that the weather is nice outside!)
- Board game evenings
- Sports workshops
- Latin dance workshops (Salsa, Kizomba, Bachata – olé!)
- Language workshops
- Cultural documentaries, – International meals
- Running events
- Bike tours
Nothing here that takes your fancy? Let us know what you’d like to see here at the International House!
Our Big Parties
In the spirit of the “International” House, we love having internationally themed evenings. Come and join us for our next one! There’s a load more if you check out our online calendar as well!
- Chinese New Year
- 26/01 ~ Australian Independence Day
- 30/01 ~ National Poutine Day
- 9/02 ~ Pancake Day
- 14/02 ~ Valentine’s Day
- 17/03 ~ Saint Patrick’s Day
- 20/03 ~ International Friendship Day/Our Birthday
- March ~ Holi et Pacques
- 23/04 ~ St. George’s Day
- 21/06 ~ First Nations Day
- 24/06 ~ Saint-Jean
- 4/07 ~ American Independence Day
- 8/08 ~ The start of the football season
- 15/08 ~ Indian Independence Day
- 3/09 – 6/09 ~ Pride Québec
- 21/09 ~ World Peace Day
- 2nd Monday of Oct & 4th Thursday of Nov ~ Thanksgiving
- 31/10 ~ Halloween
- 12/12 ~ Kenyan’s Independence Day
- 31/12 ~ New Year’s Eve
3. Around The City(retour)
Quebec – Yours to Discover!
Quebec City is a vibrant city, with plenty of things to see and do! Whether you’re into outdoors activities, churches, bars, or art museums; Quebec City offers more than enough to keep you busy during your time here!
- Old Quebec: the Old Town! Come and see where the city started off, with exciting excursions into the Fortification Walls, and many historic sites, including towers, battlefields, and a plethora of fascinating museums.
- La Citadelle: North America’s oldest fort! Don’t miss the changing of the guard at 10am throughout summer.
- Chateau Frontenac: rumored to be the world’s most photographed hotel – come and see why!
- There’s loads of seriously interesting museums to check out. Whether you’re into art or history, Quebec City is absolutely the place for you, with the Musée de Beaux-Arts and the Musée de la Civilisation being two stand out examples. If you have kids with you, we recommend heading to Sainte-Foy to check out the aquarium!
- After a hard day of sightseeing, Quebec City has a great range of bars and restaurants to unwind in, and to enjoy your evening. Saint-Jean and Grande-Allée are well worth a visit!
- Hiring a car is well worth looking into, as it opens up a range of stunning National Parks, such as the Parc de la Plage Jacques-Cartier, and the Montmorency Waterfalls (although a bus trip is a possibility for the latter!)
- A fan of panoramic views? We recommend heading over to Lévis, to check out the skyline of Quebec City, as well as the other interesting things here.
You can also use Quebec, and the International House, as a base to explore the region. From here, Tadoussac (follow the Saint-Laurent on the north coast, and find whales at the end!) is only a few hours away, and the thriving city of Montreal is a only a few hours away as well!
Whatever you choose to see and do here in Quebec, we, at International House, look forward to helping you to make the most of your time here!
Want more information? Don’t hesitate to ask us, or check out the following sites:
4. What People Think of The International House(back)
5. What We Expect from You (back)
Here, we’re more than just a hotel. In fact, we’d love it if you looked at us the same way that you see your own house!
However, there are a few house rules:
- It’s forbidden to smoke in the house, but there’s loads of places to light up outside!
- If you use something, please wash up, and tidy up after yourself (especially the kitchen!)
- Respect the rights of others to relax! If you want to party, check out the Interconnect Garage, where nobody’s sleeping!
We love the fact that we’re so open here, so please don’t hesitate to tell us if you have any problems, any questions, or any suggestions of how we can help you enjoy your stay here!
When you arrive, come and say hi, so that we can fully welcome you into our house. When you leave, come and say bye, and don’t forget to let us know how you found your time here. We love knowing what you guys think, and it’s always appreciated if you leave us a review in the guestbook.
As for Anything Else
Here is your house – enjoy it! Have a great time in our city!
6. Get In Touch (back)
|House||: 581 701 4380|
|Reservations||: 581 701 4336|
|Administration||: 418 271 6271|
|Address||: 449 Avenue Santerre, G1M 1Z8 QC|